The Emulator is easy to fabricate with
- printed parts and
- a 1 1/4 inch plastic pipe.
- It attaches to the Terminal Device with the standard 1/2-20 screw thread (or M12 fine thread where metric is used).
- A standard Bowden cable can be fabricated from a String trimmer filament (or nylon 1.75mm printing filament) and a printed bead.
- The cable is attached to the Emulator (for elbow-powered operation) or to a shoulder harness in the conventional manner.
This is a new design that is evolving for use by e-NABLE volunteers to develop new experimental designs for assistive devices. The design and instructions will be updated from time to time based on testing and feedback.
Emulator was presented at e-NABLE Town Hall on 1 April 2016.
Design files are onThingiverse
- Build the Emulator and try it out,
then give us some feedback!
Instructions can be found here
Designers: Would you like to try your hand at the
SPORT-SPECIFIC TERMINAL DEVICE CHALLENGE?