Where is the Milwaukee Chapter?

These forums are intended for chapter members to collaborate and share lessons.
CarlMilwaukee

Where is the Milwaukee Chapter?

Postby CarlMilwaukee » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:44 pm

You listed Cedarburg Library on the chapter map but I contacted Cedarburg Library and they said there is a 3-d printer but no group. UW-Milwaukee allegedly has a group but I do not have the contact info and there was no group listed other than Cedarburg Library that I saw on the map. If someone from Milwaukee would provide contact information that would be appreciated.

I am an adult looking to have a custom prosthesis designed so I can demonstrate to two handed people how to do exercises with two hands for personal training or similar teaching activites and or so I can do weightlifting with my other arm in a manner in which torque becomes less confusing due to limb length differences so I can develop my upper body strength evenly. I would like something detachable easily, but this might not be possible with a prosthesis able to lift heavy weights. I do not want something electric unless they are cheap now, like less than $1000 for the electric part instead of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars like they used to be in the figures I remember hearing. I do not know if you make designs for adults

If someone teaches me the skills I might also be willing to volunteer at helping adults but I only took 1 semester of autocad, my current skills are insufficient. I studied exercise science and ergonomics and do not have mechanical design or mechanical engineering degrees

I am only interested in working with adults not children

If anyone from Milwaukee would contact me or post their contact information that would be appreciated

joecross

Re: Where is the Milwaukee Chapter?

Postby joecross » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:18 pm

It looks like the closest chapter is in Rochester (https://www.facebook.com/groups/enabler ... r/?fref=nf). I'm sure they would be happy to help guide you through making your own device. You might consider the Osprey since it is strong enough to do weightlifting.

Return to “Chapters”