London UK Maker Meetup

General discussion related to getting started.
Jonathan louis

London UK Maker Meetup

Postby Jonathan louis » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am

Hi all,

My Name is Jonathan Louis and i am an Engineer/Maker from London in the United Kingdom.
I am yet to get my flexi hand and raptor reloaded hand approved so i can start making a difference out there. (Videos to be submitted soon!)
I have access to a couple of Ultimaker printers and a Prusa i3MK2s which i would like to put to work building hands for those in need.
I'm posting today to see if there are others in London who would like to meetup and share their experiences is making hands for e-nable.
I can host a meetup within Central or South east London during a weekday evening if anyone would like to meet.

Please reply to this post if you think this would be a great idea and i will get it setup.
Hope to meet you all soon.

Happy making!
Jonathan

CliffordAgius

Re: London UK Maker Meetup

Postby CliffordAgius » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Jonathan,

I am also London based and looking to build a Hand and Forearm for a local 12yr old Kayden, I have been looking at the OpenBionics Brunel but as they now seem to be selling the hand they no longer put the updates files out for us to use and build.

So if you have any experience building a hand I have a RepRap and Prusa Printer here and pretty good at electronics so be interested to chat about any meetup you have managed to put together.

Cliff.

Jonathan louis

Postby Jonathan louis » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi Cliff, sorry about the delayed response.
I have received no interest other than your own for a meetup.
Are you already an approved maker of any of the e-nable devices? how did you meet Kayden?
I have done a fair bit of prototyping on the flexihand and raptor hand but am yet to get them approved.
I also have access to a few 3D printers and am trying to get the movement started where i work as the machine here often sits unused...
Still keen to hear from others if anyone wants to get n touch on how the e-nable movement is going with them...
Cliff, Let me know what you need to progress etc.
Kind regards.
Jonathan

nrhunter

Postby nrhunter » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to submit a Phoenix for approval soon, the only thing I'm missing though at the moment are the fingertip grips. How have you gone about sourcing them?

The company that makes them will only sell them to me by the case......and I don't see myself using 1440 of them anytime soon. If I buy them from 3D universe then there's a $50 shipping fee. I just can't seem to get them here at all.

Have you had any joy?

Neil

Return to “General Getting Started”