Phone Home Gizmo

For R&D discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Phone Home Gizmo

Postby LesHall » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Hey everyone, I have good news! There is a chip out there that provides WiFi capability and also has a microcontroller with some (limited) I/O capability that We can use to make our hands and arms communicate with the central e-NABLE server!

The chip is called the ESP8266 and it has been around for about a year. In that time there have been many advances in figuring the chip our and making it work, to the point that you can now program it in Arduino language. I have written such a program and I use it to send messages to a server API that Ro Ortiz created for us.

At this point I need to gain a little javascript or HTML experience (just a touch of it) to put the final spit and polish on an app for testing purposes. Then I'll need someone to help with the testing. Don't worry, I have the modules and the software so I can provide one or two test modules.

Is there anyone interested in working with me on this? Or just communicating about it, that would be nice too.

Re: Phone Home Gizmo

Postby ZebHan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Can you please share about its specifications? Upto what range i can use its Wi-Fi?
I am looking for a long range(50-100 meters) communication system with a microcontroller board.
I have to make a setup in which a control room will be there which will be connected by the wireless communication at 50-100 meters around to different data analyzers.
So how this board will be helpful for me?

Return to “General R&D”