What are you working on

For R&D discussions that don't fit elsewhere.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jameshs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What are you working on

Postby jameshs » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:01 pm

I know there was talk of a list but thought I would start a discussion here as it may help avoid duplication - and/or tell me that someone has already done it and rejected an idea I was about to spend time on.

Over the next month :D I am hoping to progress with the folowing

Big
A test rig to have a hand working until it fails. - progress - I have a microwave motor, tested that it works and a kind of rig in mind
A test rig to see what kind of power input results in a grip output - similar to some of the prototypes already shown
A test hand which uses ninjaflex (or others) as the tendon and hinge and tensioner with no snap pins (I will try to explain this better nearer the time)
A test hand with no tensioners (as shown by Paird/Peter already - just want one in my hand to understand and test it.
Thumb opposition - long term
Arm options - have had one out in the wild and in for repair (and so design upgrades) and one on order.

Small
Grip - have bought clear plasti-dip (paint on) and want to put it into the grip experiment above
Whipple - but wires only
Whipple adaptive, but with ninjaflex filament only
Lower profile tensioner - the one in the wild for a month has worked well, but client asked for lower profile to avoid catching on things

Just a few thoughts

James
James

James Holmes-Siedle
jhs@allclear.co.uk
www.allclear.co.uk

LesHall

Re: What are you working on

Postby LesHall » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:41 am

I'm working on Spidey Sense Super Hearing.

Les

joecross

Postby joecross » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:11 am

jameshs

Postby jameshs » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 am

Hi Jo,

Happy to hear more.

James
James

James Holmes-Siedle
jhs@allclear.co.uk
www.allclear.co.uk

Return to “General R&D”