What are you working on

For R&D discussions that don't fit elsewhere.
jameshs

What are you working on

Postby jameshs » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:01 pm

I know there was talk of a list but thought I would start a discussion here as it may help avoid duplication - and/or tell me that someone has already done it and rejected an idea I was about to spend time on.

Over the next month :D I am hoping to progress with the folowing

Big
A test rig to have a hand working until it fails. - progress - I have a microwave motor, tested that it works and a kind of rig in mind
A test rig to see what kind of power input results in a grip output - similar to some of the prototypes already shown
A test hand which uses ninjaflex (or others) as the tendon and hinge and tensioner with no snap pins (I will try to explain this better nearer the time)
A test hand with no tensioners (as shown by Paird/Peter already - just want one in my hand to understand and test it.
Thumb opposition - long term
Arm options - have had one out in the wild and in for repair (and so design upgrades) and one on order.

Small
Grip - have bought clear plasti-dip (paint on) and want to put it into the grip experiment above
Whipple - but wires only
Whipple adaptive, but with ninjaflex filament only
Lower profile tensioner - the one in the wild for a month has worked well, but client asked for lower profile to avoid catching on things

Just a few thoughts

James
James

James Holmes-Siedle
jhs@allclear.co.uk
www.allclear.co.uk

LesHall

Re: What are you working on

Postby LesHall » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:41 am

I'm working on Spidey Sense Super Hearing.

Les

joecross

Postby joecross » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:11 am

jameshs wrote:Over the next month :D I am hoping to progress with the folowing

Hi Jason,

I'm working with Jon Schull and others to collect all of the awesome ideas out there and try to "productize" them so that everyone in the community can benefit. This might include posting the design and files to our "eNABLE approved" sites as well as adding documentation, assembly instructions and other supporting info to our web site.

Would you like me to include your ideas? If so, I can send you a quick snapshot of how ideas become reality (think Schoolhouse Rock and how a bill becomes a law).

Joe

jameshs

Postby jameshs » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 am

Hi Jo,

Happy to hear more.

James
James

James Holmes-Siedle
jhs@allclear.co.uk
www.allclear.co.uk

Return to “General R&D”