DeltaMaker 3D printer

Questions and answers about printers, software, modeling, and all other aspects of making hands
vindicarblack

DeltaMaker 3D printer

Postby vindicarblack » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:42 pm

I picked up a new one that someone purchased in the kickstarter - I got it home and there was an extruder error - (probably something i did) I just wanted to shout out to anyone else that is using the Deltamaker and see if you had any tips or tricks and what slicing software you use

I also want to shout out to the deltamaker team who even though I did not buy it directly from them are standing behind their product and they are rebuilding the extruder for me under warranty - classy move! deltamaker.com

before my error i can say the printer was pretty sweet - i just have to figure out the right settings for slicing so i get a good hand. The build platform is big enough to do the raptor complete with all parts at 100%. I picked up the deltamaker because the it scored very highly in the latest shootout in maker magazine and because i got a smoking deal from the original purchaser

laird

Re: DeltaMaker 3D printer

Postby laird » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Awesome! The DeltaMaker is a fantastic printer. It's physically very durable, and self-calibrating, so it's very easy to take to Maker Faires and such. And having OctoPrint built in is very powerful.
- Laird Popkin

Lincoln Cole

Postby Lincoln Cole » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:41 am

I have one and I love it!

I use the onboard slicer that is included in the Octoprint firmware for simple models and Kisslicer for more complex models.

With the onboard slicer, I simply upload the stl file to the printer wirelessly using the Octoprint firmware on the Deltamaker.

When I use Kisslicer, I configure it with the Deltamaker parameters that can be found in the support section of the Deltamaker website. I then upload the sliced code to the printer wirelessly using the Octoprint firmware that runs the Deltamaker.

Good luck!

joecross

Postby joecross » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Would you guys mind adding a review of your printers to our growing Printer Review site?

http://spc4.e-nable.me/

fholness

Postby fholness » Thu May 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried printing with ABS instead of PLA? I've seen interviews where DeltaMaker said shipped printers will be compatible with both materials but no where on their website or technical specs. I need to try a print to test compatibility with another material where ABS might be less reactive.

Thanks!

Vydski

Postby Vydski » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:25 am

On 3D printers,am from Kenya and i am looking for someone to Donate a working 3D printer.I want to help print limbs for children from this side of the world.

Return to “Technical Q&A”