What should we name our new mobile app?

This forum is for general discussion. If you want to discuss things that don't fit elsewhere, do it here.
joecross

What should we name our new mobile app?

Postby joecross » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:24 am

e-NABLE Outreach is sponsoring the development of a new mobile app to support our community. It will include a safe, secure matching system to connect recipients with volunteers and chapters. It will also provide an easy way to donate directly to chapters. We are scheduled to launch the app on September 30, 2016.

We'd like input from the community on what to name this great new tool. Please leave a comment with your suggestion. After we get some suggestions, I'll post a poll to gather votes and decide a winner!

[Disclaimer: Enable Outreach is a non-profit organization that supports the efforts of the e-NABLE community. 100% of your donations go to programs, not salaries or other organizational costs. We are not affiliated with ECF.]

2. Welcome.png
2. Welcome.png (181.99 KiB) Viewed 750 times

Ebubar

Re: What should we name our new mobile app?

Postby Ebubar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:01 am

1). Show of Hands
2). All Hands on Deck
3). Give a Hand

kids3dHonduras

Postby kids3dHonduras » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:40 pm

My naming suggestions are:

1. e-NABLE U
2. e-NABLE GO
3. e-NABLE mobile

Good luck

kids3dHonduras

Postby kids3dHonduras » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:30 pm

1. e-NABLE Global
2. e_NABLE World
3. e-NABLE Community
4. e_NABLE Challenge

joecross

Postby joecross » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Here's a little preview of the member map that will be included in the app. Not only will volunteers be able to list themselves on the map so others can find them, recipients will also be able to add themselves (without any contact info exposed) so volunteers can offer help.

iM3 - Filters.png
iM3 - Filters.png (440.02 KiB) Viewed 640 times

joecross

Postby joecross » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:32 pm

:oops: :!: :!:

Well, we're still working on the mobile app. A few of the people working on it had to move on, so I'm looking for anyone who can help with coding, testing or documentation. Drop me an email at joe (at) enableoutreach.org.

Thanks!

joecross

Postby joecross » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Congratulations! If you are reading this post, then you have earned an invitation to try out the new beta matching system. It takes everything we were building in the mobile app and puts onto the web. You can still access it from your mobile browser, but you do not need to download an app to your phone!

Join the beta at http://matching.e-nable.me/

Return to “General”