Paraplegic with fingers but no movement

This forum is for general discussion. If you want to discuss things that don't fit elsewhere, do it here.
mfuse

Paraplegic with fingers but no movement

Postby mfuse » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:56 pm

I am looking for a design for a few friends. They are adults, and have their limbs, but are paraplegic and have no use of their fingers. Just the wrists and hands and arms. Can anyone suggest the best design that could be used?

PeterBinkley

Re: Paraplegic with fingers but no movement

Postby PeterBinkley » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:00 pm

I designed a prototype that might be of interest. It's called the Frog Arm. Find it on Thingiverse. You can also send me videos of affected limbs. There's another device I'm working on that might work, depending on anatomical mechanics. Basically if the wrist is extended and the fingers are flexed, it might work. My email is profbink@gmail.com

mfuse

Postby mfuse » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:28 pm

I am letting my friend take a look at this one. But I talked to him this weekend before seeing your post and he reminded me that he has control to lift (or pull) his wrists up, but not really push it down and of course no finger control at all. I was hoping for something that would give him a claw type finger clasp perhaps when he pulls his wrist back, and open them up to release when he relaxes his wrist back down or lets it go limp.

PeterBinkley

Postby PeterBinkley » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:35 pm

Upload some video footage here or to my email. Too hard to describe this stuff in words. If you contact me by email, I can share images of devices I've designed.

Return to “General”