Limbitless Arm Finger Movement Potential

RBeckettAnsa

Limbitless Arm Finger Movement Potential

Postby RBeckettAnsa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:55 pm

Hello everybody!
My name is Richard Beckett-Ansa and I am a junior at Duke University currently working with the Coulter Program at the University of Virginia with E-Nabling hands. One of our projects for the summer is to build and analyze the Limbitless arm on Enablings' website. I wanted to open a discussion about the individual movement of fingers, have there been advancements in this area and is it feasible with the Arduino micro motors and micro boards that are available!
Thanks,
Richard

AdamArabian

Re: Limbitless Arm Finger Movement Potential

Postby AdamArabian » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:38 am

Richard, I think its a bit muddier than that. COULD you make a hand that had fully articulated fingers, yes, but you would likely have to do it with sacrifice on other metrics; either cost, size, power efficiency, or some combination thereof. If you look at the JHUAPL MPL or DEKA Luke Arm you will see what CAN be done, but with COTS components entirely you would make significant sacrifices.

The real question however is WHY. What specific functionality are you trying to provide in doing so? This is an issue not only for low cost prosthetics but for the entire breadth of the industry - what is the right balance of cost and functionality?

Anyway, in essence, I think the question isn't entirely clear to me... what are the other specifications you have to meet in order to say you have a successful hand/arm?

dhirumech

Postby dhirumech » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:47 am

Hi,

I have already received drawing for arms. Now i need to assemble it. So before assembly i want to know how about the movement of fingers like grip, drop etc will be effective with the help of sensors.

If it is stereo type from where can I buy this sensors? I am from India

6zayn

Postby 6zayn » Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 pm

If you look at the JHUAPL MPL or DEKA Luke Arm you will see what CAN be done, but with COTS components entirely you would make significant sacrifices. So before assembly i want to know how about the movement of fingers like grip, drop etc will be effective with the help of sensors. 9apps Lucky Patcher

Return to “Myoelectric”