Myo-tensioner adaptor for Raptor and Talon hand

Ew Chee Guan

Myo-tensioner adaptor for Raptor and Talon hand

Postby Ew Chee Guan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi all,

I mentioned about my project , Myo-tensioner adaptor ( for Raptor variants and Talon Hand, ) in G+ several weeks ago. The slot-in shoe problem solved and on my final test stage now .

I'm currently using a simple oscillating program to make it open and close the hand every 5 second, with a small bottle of mineral water as load. It passed 8,000+++ cycle test so far, and counting .

I need someone who can help me to write arduino sketch for my adaptor project , I'm learning Arduino now , and I'm too slow, especially with grip power feedback.

I can design all schematics including EMG sensor, and also make prototype PCB etc, just that the code slow me down quite a lot.

Please let me know if anyone here can help me to write a program , I can provide detail, and I'm thinking of a small arduino i saw in kickstarter which using ATTany85, or maybe I can use ATTiny44 for more IO, and I'm thinking of make a batch of PCB and all parts kits to supply E-Nable volunteers , I also try to keep the cost as low as possible ( at cost , just for E-Nable volunteer only.)

Thanks !

Ew

Ew Chee Guan

Re: Myo-tensioner adaptor for Raptor and Talon hand

Postby Ew Chee Guan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Here's my motor, I used small metal geared motor which is supposed to be used in electric lock, its small, robust , cheap and quiet . this is for push pull configurations for Raptor, raptor can be re-configured as push-pull configurations, by using spectra line instead of elastic cord, pull it to open hand.
The small spectra line spool inserted with M3 loc nut, Its self-tighten , the more grip it turn , the tighter it goes.
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (135.57 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
VID_1383.JPG
VID_1383.JPG (166.65 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
VID_1379.JPG
VID_1379.JPG (192.58 KiB) Viewed 1984 times

jsheunis

Postby jsheunis » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:01 am

Hi Ew
I would definitely like to help. I am working on something very similar but time is limited. So if we join efforts we'll make better progress. I have a few years experience with arduino programming and have done dc and servo motor control before. Can you send me some specs of the motor you are using?
Stephan

Ew Chee Guan

Postby Ew Chee Guan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi jsheunis,

Thank you for your reply. I will prepare something like flow chart or micro processor work list and paste it here very soon, so that we can discuss how to improve it. Schematics, and others test results also will be up soon. The motor I purchased from ebay, which is supposed to be electronic lock motor. There're several specs and I choose 1:298 gear ratio, 30RPM 6V . You can try to search ebay for " N20 gear motor " . I ordered 3V version too, and on its way now. I plan to operate it at single 3.7V cell.

Edit: ***I'm using H-bridge to drive the motor.***

Ew Chee Guan

Postby Ew Chee Guan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi all,

My motor module fail finally, and I'm waiting for parts to try out worm drive system. I will list out what to include in code once I finalise the design , stay tuned .....

Ew

laird

Postby laird » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:57 pm

This is awesome. I'd suggest posting go the G+ Community https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 6887179986 to share progress so far and to recruit people to collaborate on this project, linking to this forum for collaboration.
- Laird Popkin

Vince-Heidelberg

Postby Vince-Heidelberg » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:29 am

Hallo

Looks great so far.
If you place an Poti you can drive it just like an Servo with the normal Servo-Electronics.
Here a basic Sketch what i mean , sorry is just an quick one not so good.

The normal Potis from Servos cant turn 360° if you need more then just 180° you need an Poti that turns more then that.
If this is not a Problem you can just use the Potentiometer from a normal Servo.
When you going to use the motors from normal servos i think that could be a lil bit cheaper. I used the Pololu gearmotors for my FY-Project and they are not cheap :-)

Here is something that i found on Youtube !
And again add a poti and you can write the code for the position just like for an servo ( PWM )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXzJC68qU5M

Ew Chee Guan

Postby Ew Chee Guan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:42 am

Vince-Heidelberg, Laird

Thanks for your info! I'm not using normal servo because I did tested some metal gear servo and it not last very long, and smaller one not very powerful. Good idea to put a small VR pot on the motor . I will try that. Laird, I post in Google+ now, hopefully will get some ideas to complete my project .
progress are slow here, I'm still waiting for parts.

Thanks!

Regards,
Ew

Ew Chee Guan

Postby Ew Chee Guan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:02 pm

transfered some photos from G+ post
Attachments
gearedmotor2.png
gearedmotor2.png (204.45 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
gearedmotor1.png
gearedmotor1.png (146.68 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
VID_1467.JPG
VID_1467.JPG (219.34 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (749.96 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (806.43 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

PeterJohn

Postby PeterJohn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my experience the normal Potis from Servos cant turn 360° if you need more then just 180° you need an Poti that turns more then that.If this is not a Problem you can just use the Potentiometer from a normal Servo.When you going to use the motors from normal servos i think that could be a lil bit cheaper.

Return to “Myoelectric”